Disconnected messages on incoming calls

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!

Disconnected messages on incoming calls

Postby pedwards » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 am

I'm getting several people over the last month or so telling me that they're getting a message saying that my phone has been disconnected. They'll try several times and then give up. I may work the very next time, as sometimes they get through on the third or fourth try.

This is a problem. Is anyone else having this issue?
pedwards

Re: Disconnected messages on incoming calls

Postby ntoy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 am

Hello,

Have you contacted our support folks? It sounds like it maybe a routing issue with our carrier.
Prior to contacting support, you will want to capture recent failed call examples. Please include the date,time, caller's phone number, & the message they hear when attempting the call.
ntoy

Postby wazoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:07 pm

My number just got ported on Sept. 17th, and this problem is happening to me as well.

I've called myself several times from my cell phone and sometimes I get the phone company message that the number I am calling has been disconnected.

Right now it is very random.
wazoo

Postby kkosiba1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:13 pm

I am also having this problem. Whenever my sister calls from area code (734) she randomly gets a "number has been disconnected" message. I've contacted support and they told me to reboot the hub and have my sister call me several times with 10 minute intervals and keep track of the data. I will keep you posted.
kkosiba1

Postby jimmyjam358 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

I have been having this problem for months now, all I get from customer service is to create a log of when this is occuring. Although it is hard to get exact times from people when I cannot talk with them until days later when they can get through. Now though my outgoing calls are being affected, I will dial a number it rings and rings for a couple of minutes then I either get a busy signal or it just resets to the ooma dial tone. Not happy at this point with whats going on, they wont escalate the issue or whatever they call it until I get exact times and numbers that are receiving the message. Oh and to make it worse, now instead of people sometimes getting through, the telo just goes straight to voicemail and no one is on it, tried with my cell phone in the house. Good luck getting any help from customer support.
jimmyjam358

Postby southsound » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm

jimmyjam358 wrote:I have been having this problem for months now, all I get from customer service is to create a log of when this is occuring.

Good luck getting any help from customer support.

Especially if you choose not to give them the information they need to fix your problem. I have seen many problems like yours that were solved by the customer noting times in a log like you were asked to do. ooma has the ability to check server logs and discover the real problem. When you don't give them any information, they can't help you. Since getting great service sometimes requires a little effort on your part, maybe ooma is not for you. I'll bet your local utility would love to have you back again. Oh, and did I mention that they might not be perfect either? Last year after a rodent took revenge on a fiber optic cable, I went without reliable service on my Qwest landline for almost a week. They never offered a refund or even said, "We're sorry!"
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby efalco » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I see year-old+ posts on disconnected messages and no resolution.
We ported our Qwest number to ooma in June 2011. Starting 11/9/2011, we suddenly could not call the house from our T-mobile cells, something that used to work fine. We get the "number disconnected message." Other folks with T-mobile get the same message.
I provided to ooma exact times of calls; ooma claimed they were looking into it. Weeks passed without further word from ooma. As a prod, I tried replying to ooma email regularly, always using the initial incident number. I tried calling customer service, gave up after 30 min on hold. Now they don't even respond to new emails without the incident number.
Our second ooma number does work with T-mobile, but the point of paying for a port was to keep the number we'd had
for over 10 years.
I told ooma, just tell me, do my T-mobile calls go into their servers. If they do, it's an ooma problem and they need to fix it.
If not, I need to start complaining to T-mobile, another horrid can of worms. A simple request but the pathetically incompetent ooma customer service is unable to do that.

Any suggestions?
efalco

Postby murphy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Call T-Mobile and tell them you can't reach a known working number.
The problem is in their routing tables.
Customer since January 2009
Hub with 2 Scouts
Telo with 2 Handsets and a Linx
murphy

Postby thunderbird » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 pm

What happens if when you get the "number disconnected message" if you wait a little longer before hanging up? Some times for others, the call still goes through. It's not the way things should work, but it may be a temporary work around?

Can you call your cell phone number(s) from your Ooma phone number?

If you can't call your cell phone number(s) from your Ooma phone number, besides doing what Murphy suggested, try making some calls to your cell phone(s). Then go to you My Ooma Call Logs at https://my.ooma.com/call_logs , and cut and paste the numbers that wouldn't go through, to include phone number(s) Date and time etc., in an E-mail to Ooma Customer Support, and explaining what is happening.
Note: Ooma like very recent phone number information.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
thunderbird

Postby featherz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I am now getting this also, only on calls from my own area code. The people calling me are on a landline or corporate system (one college and one post office).

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? Of course, it's the people trying to reach me to give me a job that can't get through.. I don't get any record of them calling on my call logs and people calling from other area codes can get through fine. Tried to call OOMA, but sat on hold and gave up.. email told me to call OOMA. I've rebooted the telo, rebooted the router.

I can call out fine, but why are callers from my own area code getting the 'disconnected' message?
featherz

Next

Return to Other Support Topics