The number you have dialed is unallocated

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!

The number you have dialed is unallocated

Postby webster242 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 am

I've done a search through here and come up empty. I did google around and found that some other voip companies seem to have this problem occasionally, so I assume this is a problem with ooma, and not the phone I'm placing a call to. This is also because my cell phone makes the calls just fine.

Twice in the past two days I've tried placing phone calls only to receive the response "The number you have dialed is unallocated". These were to two different phone numbers in two different states. I was wondering if there is any way to resolve this issue locally (ie anything I can do) or if this is something that ooma needs to fix on their end. Or is it something else completely? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.
webster242

Re: The number you have dialed is unallocated

Postby southsound » Sat May 09, 2009 9:51 am

ooma uses "partners" to connect to the PSTN (public switched telephone network). Some time ago after taking a 2 day vacation, I was getting a message, "A call from this phone number is invalid. Please call nexlink customer service for assistance. Seattle 58." then the call would connect. Turns out that it was a problem with XO communications, one of ooma's partners. After I informed technical support of the problem, it was taken care of. We had a false start, but I have not had the message in months.

My suggestion is to document when this is happening and the number dialed. Also if it connects or not. Then call 888 711-6662 with the information. They will research if it is a routing problem or a "partner" issue and take care of it from their end.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma! I think you will enjoy your system and will also find this forum to be a great source of information. There are a lot of very helpful people who frequent here. Your experiences will help other users, so don't be a stranger.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby ooma92037 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

I have exactly the same problem now (Sept 21, 2012). I'm in 541 area code. Ooma's tech support's response has been disappointing. I had to call 3 times before they issued a ticket number, and there is no ETA on the repair. We could be out of a phone for days. If Ooma wants to be taken seriously -- rather than an extra gizmo for which you always have to have a "backup" phone -- they need to get their act in gear.
ooma92037

Postby ooma92037 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:30 pm

It's fixed! Took them 3-4 hours since I started complaining. Not bad! Thanks Ooma.
ooma92037

Return to Other Support Topics