gooch1129 wrote:1of my Ooma handsets doesn't give me a dial tone even though the screen looks fine. I've tried turning the handset off and on but without resolution. Any thoughts?
Make sure that the Ooma handset batteries are fully charged, then
Try resetting the Telo handset(s):
Procedure to reset the Ooma Telo handset.
First, if required, go to My Ooma http://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-te ... -functions
, to view the Ooma Telo Handset button functions and location picture.
1. Turn off the Handset by pressing and holding the (red colored) End Call button, until the Handset goes off.
2. Press and hold the following two keys until told to release them later in this procedure:
Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
3. Turn on the Handset by pressing the (red colored) End Call button.
4. Release the two keys being held in step 2, Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
5. The Handset goes into auto registration mode.
Note: You will have to re-register the handset to the Ooma Telo.
Note: To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING, when pressing the left Soft key + the 0 (zero) key, you must Continue to HOLD DOWN These Keys while turning handset back on.
Then and only then will the handset enter the registration mode, which then allows you to input the four digit code.
Register the Ooma Telo Handset:
Find the 4-digit PIN number for your Ooma Telo by logging into:http://my.ooma.com/pin
Bring the handset next to the Ooma Telo.
Set the Ooma Telo in registration mode by pressing and holding the Paging Key located on the upper right hand face of the Ooma Telo for 3 seconds. The Paging Key will start flashing rapidly.
When prompted on the handset, enter the PIN number found above and press the OK soft key.
When the handset successfully registers, a home screen will be displayed.