Changing Phone Number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!

Changing Phone Number

Postby janepmoore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

I originally chose a number with my new Ooma service. After a week with no issues, I ported our home number to Ooma, but the originally chosen number is what shows as caller ID. How do I change that? People don't recognize the number and don't answer!
Jane
janepmoore

Re: Changing Phone Number

Postby thunderbird » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

janepmoore wrote:I originally chose a number with my new Ooma service. After a week with no issues, I ported our home number to Ooma, but the originally chosen number is what shows as caller ID. How do I change that? People don't recognize the number and don't answer!
Jane

http://www.ooma.com/app/support/caller-id-ooma
"When I call someone else they tell me they don't see my name! What's going on?
Ooma updates a national caller-ID database with your name and number when you activate your service. Some phone companies will only periodically update their database, so if your name does not show up when another person receives a phone call form you, it could be that the phone company delivering the call to the other person has not been updated yet."

It still probably best to contact Ooma Customer Support with your problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
thunderbird

Postby rmeden » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm

janepmoore wrote:I originally chose a number with my new Ooma service. After a week with no issues, I ported our home number to Ooma, but the originally chosen number is what shows as caller ID. How do I change that? People don't recognize the number and don't answer!
Jane

Same thing happened to me. The ported number became a "secondary" number on my premier account despite what the port confirmation email said.

I called customer service and they dropped the temp number and made my ported number primary. The premier second number is now empty and I can add one should I think of a reason for one. :)

Robert
rmeden

Postby lbmofo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Jane

You can call into Ooma customer service to have them correct the situation (ported number not primary).
In the meantime, you can set your default outgoing phone number to what you want here: https://my.ooma.com/privacy
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Postby janepmoore » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. I used the link and set my number in the Privacy section and then called Ooma and a lovely representative checked into it, had me call her on another line and verified that my original ported number was showing up.
Very responsive forums and support! Glad I made the switch to Ooma.
Jane
janepmoore

Return to Other Support Topics