Ooma telo not working after network outage

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!

Ooma telo not working after network outage

Postby bimple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I got up this morning to discover my ooma telo, that has been working perfectly for over a year, had a red blinking light and a busy signal. I checked online and saw a notice about the outage, and I waited for my service to return. I tried rebooting my device but got no luck. Here is what I did:
1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,
2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,
3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,
the instructions I found then say:
4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

However, it does not turn a solid blue before rebooting - it turns a solid red, then reboots to a flashing red logo.

I have done this several times with no luck. Any other ideas?
bimple

Re: Ooma telo not working after network outage

Postby thunderbird » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 pm

bimple:
If your connection is Modem-Ooma-Router, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.

If your connection is modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.

The Ooma setup pages opens. Click on Status at lower left side. Following, TO INTERNET port:, you should see Connected: [ 192.168.xxx.xxx ]. If you don't see an IP address, the Ooma Telo isn't connecting to the Internet. If you see an IP address, then go down to OOMA Tunnel:. If that don't say, Connected, then you may have to contact Ooma Customer Support to have them do a "kick Start" of the Ooma tunnel.

Mine was this way during the morning, but by 1:00 PM the Ooma Tunnel connected by itself, and the Red flashing Ooma symbol turned blue.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
thunderbird

Postby bimple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:12 pm

i spoke with customer service and they determined that my device was not working properly as a resul;t of the outage, and they are replacing my device.
bimple

Postby mgruebe3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 am

Nice - that is a pretty sever outage that it whacked the hub. My hub has not worked since yesterday when the major outage was, guess I have to call and talk with someone.
mgruebe3

Return to Other Support Topics