Purpose of USB Port?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!

Purpose of USB Port?

Postby msllama » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 pm

What is the purpose of the USB Port on the Telo? Thanks,
msllama

Re: Purpose of USB Port?

Postby southsound » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Right now, if you have a USB to mini USB cable, you can charge your Telo handset with it. According to reports from CES, in a short while ooma will offer a Bluetooth dongle that will plug in. And maybe even more great things in the future.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby hysonmb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Bluetooth would make me :D
I've always wondered why it's not being offered in regular handsets. So many people use BT now and it's not too expensive (I bought a mini dongle for $8) manufacturers could add it to a phone, charge a little extra, and make a killing!
hysonmb

Postby amoney » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 pm

hysonmb wrote:Bluetooth would make me :D
I've always wondered why it's not being offered in regular handsets. So many people use BT now and it's not too expensive (I bought a mini dongle for $8) manufacturers could add it to a phone, charge a little extra, and make a killing!

In my experience Bluetooth does not have the range. Ooma has reported that there may be Bluetooth, but judging from everything else, I seriously doubt its success. Ooma has enough issues with more simplier things.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G
amoney

Postby Davesworld » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:26 pm

hysonmb wrote:Bluetooth would make me :D

When the telo dongle is released, you should be able to upload contacts and answer cellphone calls from anything connected to the telo. The trick would be to simply leave your cell near your telo while at home. My Vtech 6321 does both as well, in fact it could be used as a home phone with only a cell phone number for people who like to leave their cell charging while at home but don't want a home phone. I just leave mine plugged into the charger while at home near the base unit. Voip does sound better than cellular though.
Davesworld

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests