How Hard to Cancel Premier Service?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!

How Hard to Cancel Premier Service?

Postby FreePhone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 am

So I have been thinking about signing up for the Premier service, but wonder how hard it would be to cancel it after a year. All I really want to do is get my number ported for free and play around with the service on a short term basis (the trial period wasn't long enough), and have no plan to keep paying $120 a year for it. My whole point in even getting an Ooma Core system was to have free phone service.

Has anyone had any problems with Ooma, when they tried to cancel? I know some company's can be a real pain and drag things out when you try to leave them.
FreePhone

Re: How Hard to Cancel Premier Service?

Postby bw1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 am

Hopefully someone can answer who's done it before, but based on what I've seen you would need to call CS to cancel or change the Premier service once you've signed up. You can't just do it on the my.ooma website.
bw1

Postby ntoy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

Hello,

Although we would like for you to continue with premier, we understand.
Just contact support when your premier subscription is about to expire & our
reps should be able to downgrade your account.
ntoy

Postby FreePhone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

I was afraid I would have to initiate a call to cancel the Premier service. I am not pleased about this because it is so easy to forget and then get charged on my credit card for another year.
FreePhone

Postby southsound » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:49 pm

FreePhone wrote:I was afraid I would have to initiate a call to cancel the Premier service. I am not pleased about this because it is so easy to forget and then get charged on my credit card for another year.

Let me help you out.

This is your reminder to call ooma customer support at 888 711-6662 to cancel your Premier Service so you are not charged. This is a one-time reminder and will not be repeated. Thank you for using the Raccoon Reminder Service!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby Givmeabrek » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 pm

There is an option to cancel Premier after the trial expires. It's under Account, Services. :D
Givmeabrek

Postby FreePhone » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Givmeabrek wrote:There is an option to cancel Premier after the trial expires. It's under Account, Services.
My Premier was canceled automatically by Ooma after the trial period, because I didn't have to give them my credit card info with the Ooma Core that has no fees. I was talking about getting the prepaid year of Premier after the trial period.
FreePhone

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests