Phone Not Ringing

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!

Phone Not Ringing

Postby hamoper » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm

I am having a issue with ooma. I have the ooma dial tone but when I make a phone call from home to my cell phone, the cell phone rings but I am not hearing any indication that it is ringing on my end. I have the blue light on the hub. Also, when dialing from my cell phone to my home the home phone does not ring, it just rolls over to the voice mail. Any suggestions as to try next??
hamoper

Re: Phone Not Ringing

Postby thunderbird » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 pm

hamoper wrote:I am having a issue with ooma. I have the ooma dial tone but when I make a phone call from home to my cell phone, the cell phone rings but I am not hearing any indication that it is ringing on my end. I have the blue light on the hub. Also, when dialing from my cell phone to my home the home phone does not ring, it just rolls over to the voice mail. Any suggestions as to try next??

Look on the face of the Ooma Telo for the Envelope symbol. Press the Envlepe symbol (Do Not disturbe Button) until it turns Yellow. Press it again until it turns Blue. Make test phone calls.
thunderbird

Postby lbmofo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Or your Ooma is losing internet connection on and off.

Do the following optimal setup (especially the part "use built in mac address"):

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Postby hamoper » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks for the help...I did a master reset on the hub, I did not know about the hold down blue ooma switch that puts it all back to defaults. :D
hamoper

Postby Tjames » Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

I have been having the same issue for about 2.5 months. The only thing I can get now is voicemail. Initially incoming calls would ring and could be answered, but I could not call out. Now I cannot make or receive calls. I have tried doing all of the various recommended rebooting and am wondering if my Internet service provider, AT&T has altered something?
Tjames

Postby thunderbird » Mon May 07, 2012 3:53 am

Tjames wrote:I have been having the same issue for about 2.5 months. The only thing I can get now is voicemail. Initially incoming calls would ring and could be answered, but I could not call out. Now I cannot make or receive calls. I have tried doing all of the various recommended rebooting and am wondering if my Internet service provider, AT&T has altered something?

How is your Ooma connected to your home's LAN, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

Try to do an Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Are you using DSL with a Modem/Router combination? If so, please post the Brand name and Model number of the Modem/Router.

Try to do a reset of the Modem or Modem/Router, reference your Modem or Modem/Router Manual for procedure.

Note: some Modem contain a battery that must be temporarily removed to achive a satisfactory reset of the Modem.
thunderbird

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests