No Dial Tone/Phone says No line

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system? Post your questions here.

Re: No Dial Tone/Phone says No line

Postby kevenfry » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I have cable internet - very high speed. We set up the Telo in our TV room near a computer line and telephone outlet.

My wife was in the room where the Telo resides and I was in a different room next to a phone when it suddenly quit working. We both noticed it at the same time, as she heard a voice coming from the Telo and I noticed the base of the phone next to me start blinking. I picked up the hand set and it made a strange noise, but nothing worked. Then after our attempts to locate and correct the problem we got no response at all except for lots of messages in my voice mail on line.

Neither of us was doing anything of importance when this all occrued as I was listening to a Youtube video and she was watching a TV program. I suppose some hidden anti malware could be working in the background which suddenly for no apparent reason had decided to block our Ooma dial tone. I don't know. I also don't know what I am supposed to do with the IP address: 172.27.35.1 that you want me to type. Where do I type this? Also, how do I get to the Nework tab you are talking about? I am not a computer expert but I know enough to follow reasonably simple instructions.
kevenfry

Re: No Dial Tone/Phone says No line

Postby southsound » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm

kevenfry wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I have cable internet - very high speed. We set up the Telo in our TV room near a computer line and telephone outlet.

My wife was in the room where the Telo resides and I was in a different room next to a phone when it suddenly quit working. We both noticed it at the same time, as she heard a voice coming from the Telo and I noticed the base of the phone next to me start blinking. (southsound) I have never heard of this happening before so it may be something ooma themselves would like to investigate.
I picked up the hand set and it made a strange noise, but nothing worked. Then after our attempts to locate and correct the problem we got no response at all except for lots of messages in my voice mail on line.

Neither of us was doing anything of importance when this all occrued as I was listening to a Youtube video and she was watching a TV program. I suppose some hidden anti malware could be working in the background which suddenly for no apparent reason had decided to block our Ooma dial tone. (southsound) Probably nothing quite so sinister but very strange. I don't know.

I also don't know what I am supposed to do with the IP address: 172.27.35.1 that you want me to type. Where do I type this? Also, how do I get to the Nework tab you are talking about? I am not a computer expert but I know enough to follow reasonably simple instructions. The Telo has a built-in web server that serves to access some configuration and status pages that tell how the Telo is feeling. You normally access this screen by going to your browser and typing in setup.ooma.com in the address bar. If that doesn't work (possibly because you are using OpenDNS) you can type the IP address in the same spot and click Enter. If your computer is connected AFTER the Telo, it will work. If your Telo is after a router or switch, then you need to take a laptop or other computer and connect a network cable from the Home Internet port on the Telo to the computer's network jack. The computer needs to be running DHCP (most are set this way unless you configure them differently. After you have connected to the site, you will see the little tabs I'm talking about.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Previous

Return to Calling and Usage