DTMF Passthrough Problems?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.

DTMF Passthrough Problems?

Postby kelkin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 am

In addition to all of the other problems I'm experiencing, I'm noticing that any interactive voice response systems I call seem to be having problems recognizing the touch tones I'm entering. I know about ooma's IVR issues, but this is in regards to calling other companies. Things like when they ask you to enter your phone number, I have to enter my number a few times because they have trouble understanding the digits I'm entering. This is using my regular cordless phone which works fine when connected to my previous telco.
-Keith
kelkin

Re: DTMF Passthrough Problems?

Postby BobB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 am

I don't know what other problems you are having, but I would think that is what's causing your touch tones not to work properly.
I am using a cordless Panasonic 4 phone system and I have no problems passing the tones to the automated systems.
Bob
BobB

Postby southsound » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I have the ooma hub (white) and the Telo (black). I have been using the hub for 11 months and the Telo for about 4 months. Both work wonderfully with my bank, our church IVR, even calls to our local telco where they want your number. The ooma systems have no problem with outgoing DTMF - the problem is only with incoming.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby feartheturtle » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:09 pm

I experience outbound DTMF problems when using the phone which is hooked up to the phone port on my scout. No problems when using my other phones.
feartheturtle

Postby amoney » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Ditto, you should be fine outgoing.

Any other call quality issues, whats your bandwidth like?

Good point about setup, do you have landline integration or are you using any part of the home phone wiring to connect phones.

I wonder if the fax option in my.ooma preferences would help?
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G
amoney

Postby amarryat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:15 pm

kelkin wrote:In addition to all of the other problems I'm experiencing, I'm noticing that any interactive voice response systems I call seem to be having problems recognizing the touch tones I'm entering. I know about ooma's IVR issues, but this is in regards to calling other companies. Things like when they ask you to enter your phone number, I have to enter my number a few times because they have trouble understanding the digits I'm entering. This is using my regular cordless phone which works fine when connected to my previous telco.
-Keith

I just searched to find out if this has already been posted, because I too am having this problem. Credit card companies, my ISP, etc. don't recognize keypresses made through the Ooma.

I am using Panasonic DECT cordless phones attached to the Hub. I have the exact same kind of phones attached to our Verizon FiOS home phone and they have no problem. So when I call my credit card company for example from the Ooma, it doesn't recognize the DTMF, I hang up and call from the FiOS line and it works just fine.
amarryat

Postby panyala » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:30 am

From the last couple of days I'm having the same problem too. I can dial out and connect but after that the DTMF codes just do not seem to pass through.

Maybe it was the new firmware update that did this? Is Ooma filtering out the tones (equating it to line noise) to enable call quality?

I would like to get DTMF back - this is a basic requirement - any company you call now has an IVR system you have to navigate through.

Please Ooma fix this.
panyala

Postby amarryat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 am

Mine seems to have fixed itself, at least the next time I tried after posting my message, it worked just fine.

BTW, since I am using the Hub, I don't think I get firmware updates, so not sure what changed so that mine would start working again.
amarryat

Postby kaho » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Since Ooma rolled over new firmware 35442, i have noticed that there were some DTMF passthrough problems with my phone. I could no longer check my voice mail from work which required entering pin #. every time i entered my pin, either it was incorrect or missing one or two digits (my pin has only 4 digits) no matter how i did it. With my bank, it was 50-50, i considered myself lucky if it went through. The weirdest part was when i called oversea using calling card, even though i carefully punched in the # of the other party, i ALWAYS ended up calling the same wrong number, which never happened before!!! Of course after several times (different days) the person on that number got real upset. Now that i am so afraid of calling my other party, whom I have to call at least once a week. As the matter of fact, 15 minutes ago, I just tried to call one more time, and again I rang the same wrong number!!! Perhaps poster panyala was right when said "Is Ooma filtering out the tones (equating it to line noise) to enable call quality?"
Please, Ooma, please fix it.
Yhanks
kaho

Postby Davesworld » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 am

This is likely an ATA setting and not the fault of any phone system you have plugged in.
Davesworld

Next

Return to Call Quality