BEWARE UVERSE CUSTOMERS "I GAVE UP''

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.

BEWARE UVERSE CUSTOMERS "I GAVE UP''

Postby ameneses54 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:59 am

Dear users,
Unfortunately this is more like a requiem, because after months of fighting and tweaking with my OOMA Telo and the Uverse R2Wire modem/router I've decided--- and already did so, disconnect the device and get phone service with Brighthouse Networks in Orlando (please see my posts).
I'm aware this will have an impact on my wallet,but at least the customers I call will understand me and not hang up.
OOMA should warn customers before committing, that an integrated modem/router is not advisable and the results may be less than optimum.

Arturo
:x
ameneses54

Re: BEWARE UVERSE CUSTOMERS "I GAVE UP''

Postby circlef » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Arturo,

Sorry you've given up. I have had Ooma for 2 years now and have been using it with the Uverse 2wire at two different locations. I've never had the slightest problem with Ooma being connected to the 2wire out of the box.

Alan
Member since January 2009 - Yep!
Premier Member - Yep! - Core and Scout =2 - Yep!
Saving Money - Yep! a lot - Love Ooma - You Bet!
circlef

Postby Leeway » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:58 am

I also differ with you. I had Uverse for over a year and never had a problem. The setup was a piece of cake and the Uverse RG simply took care of it automatically. Never had a problem of any kind.

I moved and cannot get Uverse but if I could, I'd switch back in a heartbeat and my Ooma Telo would love it again.

Donna
Leeway

Postby thunderbird » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:24 pm

ameneses54:
Sorry to see you go, good Luck.
thunderbird

Postby taylor2767 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

[quote="ameneses54"]Dear users,
Unfortunately this is more like a requiem, because after months of fighting and tweaking with my OOMA Telo and the Uverse R2Wire modem/router I've decided--- and already did so, disconnect the device and get phone service with Brighthouse Networks in Orlando (please see my posts).
I'm aware this will have an impact on my wallet,but at least the customers I call will understand me and not hang up.
OOMA should warn customers before committing, that an integrated modem/router is not advisable and the results may be less than optimum.

I third that..NO problems at all with telo and uverse.
taylor2767

Postby ameneses54 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm glad that some Uverse customers haven't had any problems with the setup.
In any case let me remind all of you that OOMA does not consider the setup required with Uverse service optimal.
ameneses54

Postby eappell » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Arturo,

I realize this thread is about 6 months old, but I came here looking for answers to my ongoing issues with Ooma and my UVerse 2wire setup and saw your message. That's very upsetting, and I hope I'll be able to resolve the issue we're having, but I'm starting to lose hope with this... Our Ooma worked fine until a few weeks ago when everyone we called starting telling us that the audio quality was so bad that they could barely understand what we were saying. The audio is fine on our end, just terrible on the receiving end, whether the call was originated by us or was an incoming call. It sounds like the audio is going in and out, very choppy. Not really any static, just chopped up. I've spent a few hours on the phone with Ooma support changing the downstream settings, rebooting everything, but nothing seems to help the situation.

Anyways, sorry to hear you had to give up trying to get this to work. I may be in the same boat soon if I can't figure this out...

Eddie
eappell

Postby lbmofo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I've seen that resetting Uverse device firewall (settings do not change at all but works) helped: viewtopic.php?t=4785
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Return to Call Quality