At&T Uverse

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.

At&T Uverse

Postby Carol » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Well, this time I've really done it. After a year of wonderful Ooma service using ATT DSL I changed to Uverse. The installer disconnected my 2 wire modem/router along with my ooma. When I plugged my ooma to the new router, I cannot connect. All I get is a flashing red logo. Att technical support is no help at all. any thoughts ?
Carol

Re: At&T Uverse

Postby thunderbird » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Carol wrote:Well, this time I've really done it. After a year of wonderful Ooma service using ATT DSL I changed to Uverse. The installer disconnected my 2 wire modem/router along with my ooma. When I plugged my ooma to the new router, I cannot connect. All I get is a flashing red logo. Att technical support is no help at all. any thoughts ?

For Modem-Router-Ooma connections:
Check and make sure that a network cable is connected from the Modem (usually yellow) port, to the Router WAN (usually yellow) port.
Make sure that a network cable is connected from a Router LAN (usually orange) port, to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo.
Power the Ooma Telo and let it boot as far as it will boot. Temporarily connect a network cable from the Ooma Telo Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open. Click on the Internet tab. Go to Connection type: and click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Go to the bottom of the page and click on Update Device.
Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.
thunderbird

Postby Carol » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:22 am

As far as I can tell my computer has only one lan port and it's already being used, or am I off base here ?
Carol

Postby murphy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 am

Carol wrote:As far as I can tell my computer has only one lan port and it's already being used, or am I off base here ?

Disconnect your computer from the router and connect it to the Home port of the Ooma box.
Customer since January 2009
Hub with 2 Scouts
Telo with 2 Handsets and a Linx
murphy

Postby lbmofo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Carol wrote:Well, this time I've really done it. After a year of wonderful Ooma service using ATT DSL I changed to Uverse. The installer disconnected my 2 wire modem/router along with my ooma. When I plugged my ooma to the new router, I cannot connect. All I get is a flashing red logo. Att technical support is no help at all. any thoughts ?

Have you tried the good old power cycle first? Turn off everything, turn off Uverse device and Ooma. Wait a little bit, turn on Uverse device, wait until it boots up completely (light indicating internet) then turn on Ooma.

Even if you get your Ooma online, if some issues making calls, check this out: viewtopic.php?t=4785
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Postby sdwindansea » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 am

I really cannot help you, however, I just switched from ATT DSL to ATT Uverse last week. After the changeover was completed, I installed a brand new Ooma system to Uverse and everything works great (I was not a Ooma customer before the changeover). However, they did have to update the firmware on my new Ooma to get it to work.
sdwindansea

Postby thunderbird » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

sdwindansea wrote:I really cannot help you, however, I just switched from ATT DSL to ATT Uverse last week. After the changeover was completed, I installed a brand new Ooma system to Uverse and everything works great (I was not a Ooma customer before the changeover). However, they did have to update the firmware on my new Ooma to get it to work.

Are you using an Ooma Telo and what version of firmware did they give you?
thunderbird

Return to Installation