Wireless Adapter Issues

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.

Wireless Adapter Issues

Postby wilec » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi
I have installed a new Telo with the wireless adapter. Can get it setup and working but the device cannot last more than 5 hours before it begins flashing red. I have called support and they suggested testing the telo plugged in wired. I have done this and the device works perfectly. So the issues seems to be related to wireless.

I have a brand new cisco e4200 router I am testing along with a range extender (just to test). Neitehr of these is helping the cause.
wilec

Re: Wireless Adapter Issues

Postby thunderbird » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:13 pm

wilec wrote:Hi
I have installed a new Telo with the wireless adapter. Can get it setup and working but the device cannot last more than 5 hours before it begins flashing red. I have called support and they suggested testing the telo plugged in wired. I have done this and the device works perfectly. So the issues seems to be related to wireless.

I have a brand new cisco e4200 router I am testing along with a range extender (just to test). Neitehr of these is helping the cause.

Have you updated the Firmware to the latest up to date current version for your new Cisco E4200 router? If you haven't do so. Firmware location http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wire ... ksys/E4200. I gave a new Cisco router to my sister and she had simular problems until she updated the router firmware.
thunderbird

Postby wilec » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:20 am

THe firmware is updated. PRevious to this router I ahd a Cisco E2000 and it was rebooting every day multiple times a day. I am hoping this new router is more powerful with the wireless signal although that has never been an issue with any of my other wireless devices.
wilec

Postby murphy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:23 am

wilec wrote:Hi

A range extender will cut your throughput in half.
If you have a cordless phone on 2.4 GHz turn the base unit and all handsets off and see if your situation improves.
Cordless phones on 2.4 GHz use the same frequencies as WiFi and can interfere, especially if the cordless base is sitting right next to the Telo.
Customer since January 2009
Hub with 2 Scouts
Telo with 2 Handsets and a Linx
murphy

Return to Installation