Help, Linksys and Ooma Telo connections on back of unit

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.

Re: Help, Linksys and Ooma Telo connections on back of unit

Postby tollster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Thank you very much ya'll, I was able to access the Ooma page Murph supplied after doing what you had said Thunderbird, performed the actions he said and still no full boot, verified "Tunnel" as disconnected. On hold with customer support right now.
tollster

Postby tollster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:02 pm

One more quick question, rather than running a new phone line from the other end of the house for the Ooma wall jack, is it possible to just use a spliter on the existing DSL/Phone line wall jack?
tollster

Postby thunderbird » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 pm

tollster wrote:One more quick question, rather than running a new phone line from the other end of the house for the Ooma wall jack, is it possible to just use a spliter on the existing DSL/Phone line wall jack?

Yes.
thunderbird

Bad experience

Postby tollster » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Still have been unable to get it working. I contacted support yesterday and menention the current settings of the "Tunnel". She had me run 100 feet of phone line through the house to another jack in another room for the wall connection. I finally had the red flower appear to be updating on the web page. Then for some odd reason as we where waiting for it to update, I received a dial tone from customer support. Not too happy about it, but may have been for the better as I could not understand her well.
To make a long painful story shot, the red flower updated for 2 hours, then three, so I left it like that over night. Woke up this morning and not a phone in the house worked, no internet...nada. Since I have limited cell phone service where I reside, I went to town, called my phone company and at 3 pm today re-established phone service.

This has not been a pleasant experience as I have had the unit since Friday and still nothing. I do not have the Ooma connected now, but at last look, the tunnel check was still showing the same fault, and when I performed the status, there where 4 checks towards the bottom of page, the top and bottom ones where green, while the two in the middle where red.

Now knowing that whatever they did in customer service can put my communications back into the stone age, I'm very apprehensive on trying to reconnect anything to Ooma. It claims most customers have it working in 10-15 minutes...I am definitely not one of those

Not sure if I should press on,I have a call tomorrow about a job and kind of need a phone. I am very dissapointed at this point!

UPDATE: Customer service says I need a fitler on both wall lines (Tele and DSL modum jack). Does this sound accurate? I am think one filter on phone jack since my DSL and ohone spiral over the same line, not sure about both though.
tollster

Postby lbmofo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:03 pm

tollster wrote:Since I have limited cell phone service where I reside, I went to town, called my phone company and at 3 pm today re-established phone service.

In landline integration mode, you need to keep the landline/existing service live so you can feed that dialtone into the Ooma "wall" port. Without working dialtone, your Ooma in landline integration mode will not come online. In the landline integration mode, you are using your own number with Ooma with all incoming calls and local outgoing calls including toll free, 911 via your existing service. Only long distance outgoing would be via internet through Ooma.

I'd call Ooma customer support and have them change your setup to standalone (Ooma won't need a dialtone from your existing service). Get a number assigned by Ooma. Leave Wall port of Ooma unconnected.

If you want to keep your number from your previous service, you need to initiate Number Port from the Add Ons section https://my.ooma.com/products Before port is complete, you need to keep your previous service active; do not cancel your landline. Port completion would automactically cancel your existing service.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Postby tollster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 am

lbmofo wrote:
tollster wrote:Since I have limited cell phone service where I reside, I went to town, called my phone company and at 3 pm today re-established phone service.

In landline integration mode, you need to keep the landline/existing service live so you can feed that dialtone into the Ooma "wall" port. Without working dialtone, your Ooma in landline integration mode will not come online. In the landline integration mode, you are using your own number with Ooma with all incoming calls and local outgoing calls including toll free, 911 via your existing service. Only long distance outgoing would be via internet through Ooma.

I'd call Ooma customer support and have them change your setup to standalone (Ooma won't need a dialtone from your existing service). Get a number assigned by Ooma. Leave Wall port of Ooma unconnected.

If you want to keep your number from your previous service, you need to initiate Number Port from the Add Ons section https://my.ooma.com/products Before port is complete, you need to keep your previous service active; do not cancel your landline. Port completion would automactically cancel your existing service.

SO use a stand alone number until the porting is complete in 3-4 weeks? Mean while keep my regular number phone hooked up to the wall and use it for local calls until porting is complete?
I have not messed with it since sunday, I also have been getting internet disconnects now when some one calls, the ooma is disconnected though.
tollster

Postby lbmofo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:40 am

If your Ooma is out of the equation, why does the internet stop when someone is calling your landline? Not sure what this is about.

But, call Ooma support, ask them to change your Ooma to standalone mode with its own number.

You can then connect your Ooma to the router and start using it right away. Only thing is you won't be using your own number until your number port is complete.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Hub with 4 Scouts
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 16 Mbps/2 Mbps
Setup: SB6121/WNDR3400/Hub
BigCrumbs Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

lbmofo

Previous

Return to Installation